Attorney Brian Ezuka joins producer/host Coralie Chun Matayoshi to discuss:
- The differences between for-profit and nonprofit entities
- Advantages of forming a nonprofit corporation
- Types of documents needed to form a nonprofit corporation, including Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, and Policies
- Obtaining a state general excise tax number, federal employer identification number, and applying for tax-exempt status from the IRS
- Key requirements for maintaining your nonprofit corporate status including reporting and tax filing requirements, and
Key requirements for maintaining your nonprofit tax-exempt status including limitations on political activity, prohibition on private benefit, and maintenance of public funding support.