HONOLULU (KHON2) — A humid and somewhat unstable southeast to south flow will persist over Kauai and Oahu for the next several days, leading to periods of locally heavy showers.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
A drier and more stable east to southeast flow will prevail over the eastern half of the state, leading to isolated showers.
A brief increase in stability, and possibly easterly winds, is expected during the weekend, followed by a return to humid southerly winds for portions of the island chain early next week.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Trade winds ease off to make way for light and variables
- Testing incoming travelers on Big Island may end this year if there’s no funding
- After several delays, Kealohas to be sentenced Monday
- Potential thunderstorms for east end of state
- Decision anticipated soon on Hawaii football’s game against San Jose State