HONOLULU (KHON2) — A weak high pressure ridge north of the Hawaiian Islands will keep light to moderate trade winds in the forecast at least through Thursday, with wind speeds increasing from Friday into the weekend.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Expect mostly dry weather conditions to continue this week with periods of isolated to scattered shower coverage.
A slight increase in shower activity remains possible for the island of Kauai on Wednesday and Thursday as an upper low drops in from the north.
Higher chances for showers are forecast by this weekend across the entire island chain due to added moisture and instability.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- One to two sharks seen feeding at Kaimana Beach in Waikiki
- Coronavirus: one death, 98 new COVID-19 cases on Sept. 27
- Man dead after shooting on Hakimo Road
- Son turns father’s Hawaii WWII memories into historical book
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders