HONOLULU (KHON) — The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a Tsunami Watch for Hawaii because of a 7.8 magnitude earthquake in Kuril Islands. The warning has since been removed; preliminary readings show only small waves were generated. They are awaiting confirmation using sea level measurements.
- Flash flood watch issued for Kauai and Oahu
- Police charge man suspected of stabbing woman and her child to death in Ewa Beach
- State DOE looking to modify high school graduation requirements
- City working to open a medical, quarantine center for homeless
- City’s parking exceptions now in effect