HONOLULU (KHON2) — Showers will remain focused over mainly windward areas through Tuesday night.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Leeward areas will be mostly dry except for afternoon and evening showers over the lee slopes of the Big Island. A cloud area moving west over the islands tomorrow may bring an increase in showers.
Moderate easterly trade winds will strengthen slightly as a high far northwest of the area shifts southeast. Winds are expected to diminish again over the weekend.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Man in serious condition after a gunshot wound in Honolulu
- High surf warning in effect until 6 a.m. Sunday, surf will be 40 to 50 feet along north facing shores
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Heavy rain possible for the islands starting late Sunday
- Maui Mayor Victorino’s rule changes start Tuesday, what people can expect