EWA BEACH, Hawaii (KHON2) — The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center says there’s no tsunami threat to Hawaii after a 6.6 magnitude earthquake happened near Mindanao in the Philippines.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
It happened at 5:24 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 6 Hawaii time. In the Philippines it was 11:24 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 6.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- UH Manoa to host virtual spring 2021 commencement
- Fallen pole prompts closure of Waianae Valley Rd.
- Hawaiian Telcom power failure caused TV service outage on Oahu
- Video shows UPS driver brought to tears when entire town surprises him with thank you party
- Several Hawaii Island beach parks closed as precautionary measure