HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Pacific Tsunami Warning center reports a 6.5 magnitude earthquake struck the Philippines near Mindoro around 1:43 p.m. Hawaii Time on Thursday, Dec. 24, 2020.
Hawaii’s Weather Station–Visit KHON’s storm preparation page here.
The PTWC says there is no tsunami threat for Hawaii.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Maui woman dies after car swerves off cliff on Kahekili Highway
- CVS completes first round of COVID-19 vaccines at Hawaii’s long-term care facilities
- Gov. Ige pushes for more investment in digital technology
- Maui and Oahu report cases of new COVID-19 variant
- Queen’s looking to distribute COVID-19 vaccines to doctor’s offices