HONOLULU (KHON2) — A weakening high pressure ridge north of the island chain will bring light and variable winds to the islands through the upcoming work week.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Light to moderate trade winds will linger today with modified land and sea breezes along western slopes of each island.
Cloud coverage and showers will transition towards the afternoon to early evening hours over island mountain and interior sections with clearing after sunset. Light wind conditions are forecast to continue through Saturday.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Strong winds and high surf on tap for the weekend
- Big Island Mayor Mitch Roth ‘feeling thankful and blessed’ as he recovers at home
- Concerns about the COVID vaccine? Pfizer doctor hopes to ease your fears
- CrimeStoppers: Farrington unauthorized entry, University vehicle break-in, Ke’eaumoku forgery
- Round 2 of PPP loans available for struggling applicants