HONOLULU (KHON2) — A ridge of high pressure settling southward and over the islands will keep winds light through Saturday, with overnight land breezes and daytime sea breezes.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Dry conditions will prevail with only a few light showers possible over locations near the coast at night and over the island interiors each afternoon.
Light to moderate trades will return Sunday through Monday, bringing a more typical, yet drier than normal trade wind pattern featuring mainly windward and mauka showers.
Trades are expected to become disrupted again Tuesday, with a land and sea breeze pattern returning.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Hawaii National Guard arrives in Washington D.C. ahead of Biden Inauguration
- Hundreds of appointments booked at mass vaccination sites on Oahu
- Tough decisions lie ahead for state lawmakers
- Flooding, outages, downed trees, and blown roofs as storm hits the state
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?