HONOLULU (KHON2) — A weakening high pressure ridge north of the islands will keep light and variable winds with local scale land and sea breezes in the forecast through much of the work week.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
An upper level disturbance passing through the eastern half of the state will keep enhanced showers during the early morning hours Monday.
Cooler and drier trends will spread from west to east starting today. Isolated to scattered showers are possible each afternoon over island interior sections, with clearing at night through Thursday. Moderate to breezy trade winds return by Friday.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- How much do tickets to Super Bowl LV in Tampa cost right now?
- NFC Matchups: Where else to start but Brady and Rodgers?
- Strong winds forecast for the islands through early next week
- Flu cases down amid COVID-19, doctors warn it could come back worse next year
- Ala Wai flood project more expensive than expected