HONOLULU (KHON2) — A high far north of the main Hawaiian Islands will keep moderate to breezy trades in place through early next week, with wind speeds expected to peak over the weekend.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Showers will favor windward and mauka areas. An upper-level disturbance will fuel increased shower coverage through Friday, with drier conditions expected to move in over the weekend through early next week.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Heavy rain possible for the islands starting late Sunday
- Maui Mayor Victorino’s rule changes start Tuesday, what people can expect
- Hawaii north shores brace for 50-foot waves
- Big Island police successfully resolve barricade situation