HONOLULU (KHON2) — Moderate trade winds will prevail through the week, delivering just a few showers to windward areas through Wednesday, especially during the night and morning hours. An area of deep moisture is expected to move in from the southeast Wednesday night, then move westward over all islands through Friday. This expected surge in humidity may fuel increased shower coverage and intensity. While some of the showers may dampen parched leeward areas, it will primarily focus over windward areas. A return to a more typical trade wind pattern is anticipated for the weekend.
- Wet conditions expected for Kauai and Oahu
- Wet conditions expected to continue for Kauai and Oahu, with light trade winds
- Passing showers expected for Kauai and Oahu
- Light and variable winds, with showers expected for Kauai and Oahu
- Humid conditions and possible heavy rain for parts of the islands this week