HONOLULU (KHON2) — The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a flood advisory for the island of Molokai in Maui County until 8:30 p.m.
At 5:26 p.m. radar indicated heavy rain near Hoolehua and moderate to heavy rain over the end of the island near Halawa.
Rain was falling at a rate of 1 to 2 inches per hour.
The Halawa Stream gage has been on the rise.
With additional rain expected over the next few hours, monitor low water crossings carefully.
- High surf advisory issued after 12 to 16 foot swell hits north and west shores
- New storm looks approach west end by Monday evening
- Hawaii elections office begins processing ballots
- Mute button was a welcomed change in final presidential debate, political analyst says
- Local artists set off to beautify traffic boxes from Nanakuli to Makaha