LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) — UPDATE Nov. 25 11:38 a.m.: The Department of Education has announced that Hanalei Elementary School is closed to students on Wednesday, Nov. 25.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
The American Red Cross has opened a shelter at Hanalei Elementary School at 10 a.m. Kauai County officials say those seeking shelter should wear face coverings and observe physical distancing measures.
For updates on road conditions and closures, please call 241-1725.
10:24 a.m.: The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning for Kaua‘i, due to heavy rains occurring over the island. The warning may be extended, dropped or modified as conditions develop.
A Flash Flood Warning means flash flooding is imminent or occurring in streams, roads and low-lying areas. Do not cross fast-flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Due to flooding, Kuhio Highway near the Hanalei Bridge is closed.
Ponding, low visibility and other hazardous driving conditions are expected. Please drive with caution.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Trade winds will gradually increase over the next couple of days
- Big Game Bound Week 20: AFC, NFC championship previews
- Colts All-Pro, Hawaii’s DeForest Buckner named Polynesian Pro Football Player of the Year
- Newsfeed Now: Pres. Biden’s first full day in office, first White House rescue dog could increase pet adoptions
- Social Scene: Expensive $20 bill