The National Weather Service has canceled the Flash Flood Warning for Kauai, effective 5:36 p.m.
A public shelter is now open at Hanalei Elementary School.
Kūhiō Highway in the vicinity of the Hanalei Bridge remains closed until further notice due to elevated river levels.
For updates on road conditions and closures, please call 241-1725. Please do not call Kauai police 911 unless you have an emergency.
For weather updates call the National Weather Service automated weather line at 245-6001, or visit the NWS website, www.weather.gov/hawaii.
To sign up for Blackboard Connect, the county’s emergency notification service, please go to the county’s website, www.kauai.gov, or call the Kaua‘i Emergency Management Agency at 241-1800.
- Trade winds easing in the coming days
- Hawaii’s hospitality industry prepares for spring break influx of visitors
- A spectacular underwater look at humpback whales, their amazing learned behaviors
- Hilton Hawaiian Village to resume ‘Waikiki Starlight Luau’
- Stimulus check latest: Biden urges Senate Democrats to rally behind $1.9T COVID-19 bill