HONOLULU (KHON2) — A front over Maui County will stall and dissipate by Thursday night.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Spotty heavy showers will continue along and southeast of the front.
Northwest winds behind the front will bring less humid conditions and will push shallow shower bands over the islands through the weekend.
A ridge will build north of the islands by Monday and bring a return of trade winds.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Trade winds ease off to make way for light and variables
- Testing incoming travelers on Big Island may end this year if there’s no funding
- After several delays, Kealohas to be sentenced Monday
- Potential thunderstorms for east end of state
- Decision anticipated soon on Hawaii football’s game against San Jose State