HONOLULU (KHON2) — Breezy trade winds will continue into Tuesday then diminish a bit as we head into the holiday weekend.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Moisture embedded in the trades will provide for passing showers mainly for windward and mauka areas. An upper trough will move across the areas tonight through Wednesday allowing for the the possibility for a few thunderstorms.
A drier and more stable airmass will filter in over the first half of the holiday weekend. A weak frontal band may move across the area late Friday or Saturday accompanied by a period of showers.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Trade winds will gradually increase over the next couple of days
- Watch: Big Game Bound Week 20: AFC, NFC championship previews
- Colts All-Pro, Hawaii’s DeForest Buckner named Polynesian Pro Football Player of the Year
- Newsfeed Now: Pres. Biden’s first full day in office, first White House rescue dog could increase pet adoptions
- Social Scene: Expensive $20 bill