HONOLULU (KHON2) — A passing surface high north of the islands will cause the trade winds to become rather breezy and gusty by Friday afternoon.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Trades will then trend down Friday night and Saturday, becoming light and variable over the western islands by Saturday afternoon. Light and variable winds will persist into Sunday, then give way to strengthening trades Monday into Tuesday as high pressure by to our north.
Trade winds will become lighter later in the week as high pressure moves off to the northeast of the area.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Strong winds forecast for the islands through early next week
- Flu cases down amid COVID-19, doctors warn it could come back worse next year
- Ala Wai flood project more expensive than expected
- Hawaii women’s basketball wins conference home opener over Cal State Fullerton
- Police close Kaukonahua Road following critical traffic accident