HONOLULU (KHON2) — Breezy trade winds are expected Tuesday, along with showers riding in on the trades, which are expected to be enhanced due to an unstable airmass moving in from the west.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
This unstable air could trigger some isolated thunderstorms through Wednesday. A weak frontal band may move across the area late Friday or Saturday accompanied by a period of showers.
A cool and dry airmass is then expected to follow.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Strong winds forecast for the islands through early next week
- Flu cases down amid COVID-19, doctors warn it could come back worse next year
- Ala Wai flood project more expensive than expected
- Hawaii women’s basketball wins conference home opener over Cal State Fullerton
- Police close Kaukonahua Road following critical traffic accident