HONOLULU (KHON2) — The wet pattern unfolding over the western end of the state is expected to linger through early next week as a cold front near Kauai stalls and slowly diminishes.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Although the best rainfall chances and coverage are expected over and around Kauai and Oahu near the front, locally heavy showers will remain possible statewide, especially through the afternoon hours as sea breezes develop.
Heavy showers that become focused over any particular area could translate to localized flooding.
Winds will remain light through early next week with a return of light to moderate trades and improving conditions possible by Wednesday.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- New storm looks approach west end by Monday evening
- Hawaii elections office begins processing ballots
- Mute button was a welcomed change in final presidential debate, political analyst says
- Local artists set off to beautify traffic boxes from Nanakuli to Makaha
- 42-year-old man arrested in connection to Waikiki robbery case