HONOLULU (KHON2) — A 7.8 magnitude earthquake hit the Alaska Peninsula.
It happened at 8:12 p.m. Hawaii Time.
A tsunami threat exists for parts of the Pacific located closer to the earthquake.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said there is no tsunami threat to Hawaii.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Man dead after shooting on Hakimo Road
- Son turns father’s Hawaii WWII memories into historical book
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Light trade winds into new week
- Popular Farm to Car program returns to provide local produce for Oahu residents