HONOLULU (KHON2) — A 7.8 magnitude earthquake hit the Alaska Peninsula.
It happened at 8:12 p.m. Hawaii Time.
A tsunami threat exists for parts of the Pacific located closer to the earthquake.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said there is no tsunami threat to Hawaii.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Video shows UPS driver brought to tears when entire town surprises him with thank you party
- Several Hawaii Island beach parks closed as precautionary measure
- Hawaii health officials report 6 cases of COVID-19 variant B.1.1.7
- Democrats demand support for American Relief Plan as Republicans push for ‘vote-a-rama’
- Road closures scheduled for repair work in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park