HONOLULU (KHON2) — A 7.3 magnitude earthquake has hit Papua New Guinea on July 16, according to the National Weather Service.
It happened in the eastern region of the country.
According to Hawaii County’s Civil Defense, there is no tsunami threat to Hawaii.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Mikey Monis Meets Up and Coming Recording Artist, Chauncy Bermodez
- Take Masterclass with Janet Jackson’s Makeup Artist Preston Meneses
- Having worked through difficult terrain in the offseason, Hawaii’s Wayne Taulapapa eager to run as Virginia’s featured running back in 2020
- Ho’ōla Nā Pua Warns of Sex Trafficking & Exploitation & Offers Help
- City of Honolulu will resume in-person customer services on Sept. 24