HONOLULU (KHON2) — We’re taking it back to the old school because vinyl records are making a huge comeback!
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
For the first time since 1986, vinyl records are outselling CD’s.
In the first half of this year, vinyl sales brought in $232.1 million – a $100 million more than compact discs.
To put that into perspective, vinly records had only $14.5 million in sales in 2005.
So far, the most popular selling vinyl record on 2020 is – the Beatles’ Abbey Road.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Chinese New Year celebrated with firecrackers, lion dance at Palolo Chinese Home
- Spring break canceled across the country for thousands of college students
- COVID toes: Mysterious rash can affect feet in patients with coronavirus
- Surfer dies after being unresponsive at Laniakea Beach
- Picture found in long lost book leads to nationwide search for family