HONOLULU (KHON2) — The pandemic is taking a toll on Americans’ mental health, and sometimes, it can be hard trying to remain positive and happy.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
But, it turns out, at least compared to the rest of the country – Hawaii is feeling good.
The personal finance website WalletHub just released its list of 2020’s happiest states, and the aloha state came in at number one.
The survey was based on 32 key indicators of happiness.
Hawaii had one of the lowest rates of depression among adults.
It also scored very high on community and environment ratings.
Hawaii was followed by Utah, Minnesota, New Jersey, and Maryland as the happiest states.
The least happy state according to this survey, is West Virginia.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author
- US agency orders Ford to recall 3 million vehicles over air bags
- Trump follows tradition, leaves Oval Office note for Biden
- Full list: All the pardons and commutations issued by President Trump in 2021
- 3 title game quarterbacks have similar draft history