HONOLULU (KHON2) — It’s all about our spending habits during this time.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The way many Americans shop and spend, have definitely changed this year.
According to the latest report by the Federal Reserve, consumers cut back on borrowing in August, with credit card use dropping for a sixth straight month.
Borrowing fell by more than $7 billion.
Experts say Americans are still using caution because of this pandemic and the economy.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- A set of large swells to bring back large surf
- Pearl Harbor hosts ceremony to honor victims of deadly shooting
- COVID-19 Senate Committee urges Ige to adjust Safe Travels Program
- Member of Hawaii football team tests positive for COVID-19; game against SJSU will proceed as scheduled
- Thieves steal giant gummy bear statue from local business in Honolulu