HONOLULU (KHON2) — This week, it’s all about our four-legged friends because it’s National Dog Week.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Over the past few months, Americans have become closer to their dogs.
Some cities recognize how important these furry guys are. That’s why a blog, called Vet Naturals, decided to rank cities across the country that are dog friendly.
This blog analyzed establishments grouped into five categories: restaurants, breweries, hotels, beaches, and campgrounds–in order to paint a fuller picture of the dog-friendly culture in city establishments across industries.
One city emerged as the clear winner for dog-friendliness across different establishments and outdoor sites: Charleston, South Carolina.
Honolulu came in at number five overall.
Honolulu also ranked third when it came to cities with dog-friendly beaches and dog-friendly restaurants.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Heavy rain possible through late Wednesday, flash flood watch issued for all islands
- Maui stores prepare to cut down on customers as new Maui rules start Tuesday
- Aloha Home Market donates proceeds to charity
- A year after tragic Diamond Head shooting, families of fallen officers Enriquez and Kalama still mourn
- Study shows nurses in Hawaii get paid the most in the country compared to other nurses