HONOLULU (KHON2) — This morning, we’re honoring and remembering all of those who have fought and sacrificed for our freedom.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Veterans Day coincides with Armistice Day and Remembrance Day, which marks the end of World War I.
U.S. President Woodrow Wilson first proclaimed Armistice Day on November 11, 1919. It later evolved into the current Veterans Day in 1954.
Since Wednesday is a federal and state holiday, many businesses and schools are closed – including all U.S. post offices.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Here’s where you can find Kaupakalua Dam evacuation zone information
- Vintage signs to be auctioned
- Evacuations ongoing for Haiku residents near Kaupakalua Dam as heavy flooding closes several roads
- Task force briefs lawmakers on Capitol security 2 months after riot
- COVID-19 vaccination clinic to be held for Korean kupuna