HONOLULU (KHON2) — Even though Halloween is more than a month away, some folks are already planning for the holidays.
Is it too early to talk about the holidays?
Believe it or not, nearly half of all Americans are already holiday shopping out of boredom during the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to the new poll out from the consumer finance company Affirm, 25 percent of people say they plan on buying more this holiday season than they did last year.
Walmart is already preparing for the early holiday rush.
The retailer plans to hire more than 20,000 seasonal workers for its online fulfillment centers beginning on Wednesday. The jobs will last through the new year.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- ‘I feel like I belong here’, Danielle Kang feels relaxed, calm in Hawai’i ahead of LPGA LOTTE Championship
- Series Preview: ‘Bows open eight game homestand facing Big West newcomer CSU Bakersfield this weekend
- Dane Nakama Exhibit at Galley at Hawaii Theatre
- Tournament Preview: Kapolei Golf Club hosts first LPGA event in 20 years with LOTTE Championship
- Fireball captured exploding in sky over Florida was a meteor, NWS confirms