HONOLULU (KHON2) — The vaccine for COVID-19 is what the world is waiting for, and approval in the U.S. could come in less than two weeks.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
But, not everyone is on board.
So, to encourage the public to trust the vaccine, three former presidents are teaming up.
Former Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton say they would be willing to get the coronavirus vaccine on camera to promote confidence in the vaccine’s safety after it is approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
Former President Obama said,” If Anthony Fauci tells me this vaccine is safe, absolutely, I’m going to take it.”
The presidents are hoping to set an example to the American people.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Packers realize how much Rodgers has at stake this weekend
- Biden order to help Hawaii renters, but expert requests more assistance
- Sunshine with light trade showers for the islands through this weekend
- Stimulus debit cards on the way and scammers are aware
- Business Matters: Michael Wu delivers everything from Chinese art to Feng Shui