HONOLULU (KHON2) — With theaters closed, and other restrictions, some people are spending more time watching movies.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
There are a lot of options for that – from amazon, to Netflix, to on demand.
But, there’s one option that is truly unique.
The world’s last Blockbuster video, which has turned into an AirBnB rental.
The store in Bend, Oregon has temporarily converted its floor space into a makeshift living room that can accommodate up to four guests, from the same household, with social distancing guidelines in place.
They can watch any of the store’s videos on a 1990’s-era TV and VCR.
Renting the space costs only $4, but there is a catch.
It’s for three days only in September and only for residents of Deschutes County, Oregon.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Jane’s Fountain, long-time Liliha restaurant hopes to survive pandemic
- Employee at The Ching Villas tests positive for COVID-19
- More hotels announce reopening dates after pre-travel testing takes effect
- WATCH: Shark swims near beachgoers in water in Waikiki
- What you need to know about casting your vote in the upcoming election