General Motors: Chevy Bolt owners should beware fire hazard

Wake Up 2day

HONOLULU (KHON2) — Warning to some Chevy Bolt owners. The company is telling 2017 to 2019 customers not to leave their cars parked inside a garage after charging after two Chevy Bolts caught on fire.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Commission says the car batteries have been found to ignite internally. Owners should also avoid leaving their car to charge overnight unattended.

The Chevy Bolt has been flagged for repair.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories