Ask HPD: How to nullify firearms registration

Wake Up 2day

Question:  How can I nullify a firearms registration?

Answer:  A gun owner may sell or transfer ownership to a licensed firearms dealer or to a private citizen who has a valid permit to acquire the firearm.  They may also turn in their gun for destruction to the Honolulu Police Department.  Although registration of a firearm can be transferred, there is currently no process to un-register a firearm.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories