HONOLULU (KHON2) — A man is dead tonight after an accident out in Wahiawa.
It happened around 8:00 p.m. Tuesday near the town-bound on-ramp to the H2 freeway from Wilikina.
According to EMS, a 43-year-old man was trying to cross the freeway when he was hit.
Police say a Scion sedan driven by a 47-year-old male was traveling southbound on the freeway when he collided into a 43-year-old male pedestrian in the roadway.
The 43-year-old man succumbed to his injuries, and EMS pronounced him dead at the scene.
The sedan driver stayed there with his 46-year-old female passenger. The sedan driver had minor injuries, and his adult female passenger was not injured.
The collision occurred in the evening hours and the area was dark.
At this time, speed, alcohol or drugs do not appear to be factors for the operator of the vehicle.
It is unknown if alcohol or drugs were factors for the pedestrian.
This is the 16th traffic fatality this year, compared to 23 from the same time last year.
- Local restaurant owner launches #SaveHawaiiBusinesses campaign
- Trade showers increasing for the islands through Thursday
- What could events at Blaisdell look like when it reopens?
- Bellagio prepares to reopen: An inside look
- Way 2 Go! Castle High School and Waiakea High School