WAIMEA, Hawaii (KHON2) — Attention Big Island drivers, road work for Mamalahoa Highway is set to begin on Sept. 23.
Crews will be installing rumble strips and striping on Mamalahoa Highway (Route 190) from Sept. 23 to Sept. 25.
Workers will be onsite from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Officials will set up a contraflow lane between mile markers 1 and 10 when construction begins.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Blessing ceremony held at Hale O Meleana at St. Francis Kupuna Village on Oahu
- 70 month prison term for former government contractor who used bribery to secure Army contracts
- Registration begins Tuesday for virtual park activities
- DC takes ‘aggressive posture’ on security ahead of Inauguration Day
- Fire destroys Waipahu family home; house fires impact dozens in Hawaii two weeks into 2021