HONOLULU (KHON2) — Work continues along a Kalihi street to remove lead-contaminated soil.
It’s being done on Factory Street between King Street and Waterhouse Street.
The US Environmental Protection Agency is leading the project, and is ensuring that proper dust control measures are in place.
Work is scheduled from Monday to Saturday, 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., .and is expected to take five to seven weeks to complete.
- Texas governor declares state of disaster following protests
- Police chief responds to Utah officer seen shoving man with a cane to the ground on live TV
- Owners of a Cleveland bakery arm themselves with guns as violent protesters try to get inside
- Virginia governor declares state of emergency, curfew in Richmond until June 3
- After being grounded to a torn ACL, sky is the limit for Kamehameha Basketball standout Christmas Togiai as he prepares for Aeronautical School