AIEA, Hawaii (KHON2) — Three lanes were closed on the H-1 eastbound by the Kaonohi off-ramp as a delivery truck flipped over on Friday, Oct. 9. It happened around 9:55 a.m.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Multiple vehicles were in the accident.
Honolulu Emergency Medical Services say that a 27-year-old man was ejected from a truck with injuries to the head and legs. He was treated and taken to the hospital in serious condition.
No one was injured in the other vehicles.
The road was reopened around 2:15 p.m.
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story contained incorrect information about the kind of truck in the accident. It is a delivery truck. The story has been corrected.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- New storm looks approach west end by Monday evening
- Hawaii elections office begins processing ballots
- Mute button was a welcomed change in final presidential debate, political analyst says
- Local artists set off to beautify traffic boxes from Nanakuli to Makaha
- 42-year-old man arrested in connection to Waikiki robbery case