KAU, Hawaii (KHON2) — Highway 11 in Kau re-opened between Lotus Blossom Lane and Hawaii Boulevard according to the Hawaii Police Department.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
A road closure notice was issued around 11:30 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 22 due to downed utility poles.
The road was re-opened around 2 p.m.
Vehicles detoured through Hawaiian Ocean View Estates.
Drivers were urged to use caution while driving due to wet and windy conditions.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Newsfeed Now: Renewed push in Congress for LGBTQ civil rights protections; Potato Head maker says it’s keeping ‘Mr.’ and ‘Mrs.’
- Social Scene: Singing tiger
- LIVE: White House COVID-19 response team holds briefing as US approval of J&J vaccine nears
- LIVE: House expected to approve $1.9T virus relief bill
- Proposal to raise Hawaii’s minimum wage to $12 remains alive