KAPAA, Hawaii (KHON2) — Construction work on Uhelekawawa Canal Bridge in Kapaa will be from Jan. 11 to July 23, weather permitting.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The work will be done weekdays, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Bridge repairs, updates, resurfacing work and more will be done.
The erosion control work starts on Monday, Jan. 11.
Lane closures are expected to start on Jan. 26. One lane of Kuhio Highway near Waipouli Beach Resort will be closed during construction.
Questions about the construction work can go to Marvin Krael of Global Specialty Contractors, Inc. at 808-843-8881.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Frying pan left on the stove causes Kahaluu house fire
- Social media reacts to Max Holloway’s unanimous decision victory over Calvin Kattar at UFC on ABC 1
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- Coronavirus: 165 new COVID-19 cases; two new deaths reported on Jan.16