MAUI, Hawaii (KHON2) – Maui County residents seeing early impacts of Hurricane Douglas Sunday morning.
Motorists were advised to avoid Route 450 at Kamalo Dip (mile marker 10.5) on Molokai due to debris and flooding., according to the Department of Transportation.
Surf continues to pick up in Hana as Hurricane Douglas move toward the islands.
Showers are seen coming down in parts of Makawao Sunday morning.
KHON2 viewers in Kula are starting to see heavy downpours Sunday morning as Hurricane Douglas approaches Maui County.
Molokai residents seeing downpours as Douglas approaches Maui County.
Latest stories on KHON2
- Newsfeed Now: 1 suspect in Austin mass shooting in custody, another at large; Principal goes viral for serenading graduating seniors
- Trade winds continue through week
- 40-year-old visitor rescued from Maui waters after attempting to save son
- As Hawaii heads into drier conditions, what can residents do to protect home, family from wildfires?
- East Maui residents overwhelmed by influx of visitors, traffic