HONOKAA, Hawaii (KHON2) — Waipio Valley will be closed at 7 a.m. on Saturday, July 25, until further notice, according to Hawaii County.
This is in light of Hurricane Douglas making its arrival in the state this coming weekend.
Special duty officers and Waipio Valley Rangers will be on-site at the top of the road leading into the valley, to ensure that valley access is restricted to local traffic only (residents, landowners, and farmers).
Local traffic will be allowed to pass through a single-vehicle at a time.
For questions and concerns, call the Department of Public Works at 961-8321.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Light trade winds will continue into Saturday
- Light and variable winds to continue across the state
- Light and variable winds for the islands through late Friday
- Light and variable winds expected through the week
- Light trade winds, with humid conditions to kick off the week