The National Weather Service is tracking two tropical depressions that have formed in the Eastern Pacific.
Tropical Depression Seven-e is currently located 1565 miles E of Hilo and 1750 miles E of Honolulu. It is expected to become a remnant low on Tuesday.
Less than 1,000 miles behind that is Tropical Depression Eight-e, which is currently located 2325 miles ESE of Hilo and 2520 miles ESE of Honolulu. It is expected to be near tropical storm strength.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Heavy rain threat diminishing by early Wednesday
- Visitor to Diamond Head tragedy home says she tried to help, but laws prevented agencies from helping
- Families of fallen officers grieve one year anniversary of Diamond Head tragedy
- Hawaii nursing homes COVID-19 cases low compared to national numbers
- Some local retailers turn focus to online sales in 2021 as COVID-19 pandemic continues