HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Hurricane Watch for Maui County, including the islands of Maui, Lanai, Molokai and Kahoolawe has been upgraded to a Hurricane Warning, according to the Central Pacific Hurricane Center’s 5 a.m. update.
A Hurricane Warning is now in effect for Oahu, Maui County and Kauai County.
Robert Ballard from the National Weather Service joined us with the latest update on Douglas.
WEATHER STORIES ON KHON2
- Light trades will eventually be replaced with variables
- Light trade winds into new week
- Incoming moisture in increase showers by Sunday evening
- Light and variable winds return Sunday
- Trade winds through Saturday, will start to weaken on Sunday