LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) – The Kauai Island Utility Cooperative reports that the passing of Hurricane Douglas brought minimal power outages.
There was only a small percentage of residents experiencing power disruptions Sunday evening.
One outage affected about 1,100 members in ʿEleʿele and Kalaheo. Another outage affected over 800 residents along Rice Street in Lihuʿe. That outage occurred between 1:00 a.m. and 4:30 a.m Monday morning.
KIUC troubleshooters were able to restore power within two hours for each of these outages.
Smaller outages which have been addressed affected smaller numbers of residents in Kapahi, Anahola and Wainiha.
Kauai residents are advised to call 911 and stay clear of any downed power lines as a result of the storm.
Latest stories on KHON2
- Mikey Monis Meets Up and Coming Recording Artist, Chauncy Bermodez
- Take Masterclass with Janet Jackson’s Makeup Artist Preston Meneses
- Having worked through difficult terrain in the offseason, Hawaii’s Wayne Taulapapa eager to run as Virginia’s featured running back in 2020
- Ho’ōla Nā Pua Warns of Sex Trafficking & Exploitation & Offers Help
- City of Honolulu will resume in-person customer services on Sept. 24