LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) – The Kauai Island Utility Cooperative reports that the passing of Hurricane Douglas brought minimal power outages.
There was only a small percentage of residents experiencing power disruptions Sunday evening.
One outage affected about 1,100 members in ʿEleʿele and Kalaheo. Another outage affected over 800 residents along Rice Street in Lihuʿe. That outage occurred between 1:00 a.m. and 4:30 a.m Monday morning.
KIUC troubleshooters were able to restore power within two hours for each of these outages.
Smaller outages which have been addressed affected smaller numbers of residents in Kapahi, Anahola and Wainiha.
Kauai residents are advised to call 911 and stay clear of any downed power lines as a result of the storm.
Latest stories on KHON2
- Newsfeed Now: 1 suspect in Austin mass shooting in custody, another at large; Principal goes viral for serenading graduating seniors
- Trade winds continue through week
- 40-year-old visitor rescued from Maui waters after attempting to save son
- As Hawaii heads into drier conditions, what can residents do to protect home, family from wildfires?
- East Maui residents overwhelmed by influx of visitors, traffic