HONOLULU (KHON2) – Gov. David Ige announced that state offices in the City and County of Honolulu and Kauai County will be closed on July 27.
As a result, all Hawaii Department of Education schools and offices in those two counties will be closed as well.
HIDOE schools on Hawaii Island and Maui County are not included in the order, and will be open on July 27.
All student programming, including extended school year programs, have been canceled statewide for July 27.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Clinics scramble to divert patients as states ban abortion
- Five takeaways from races in Colorado, Illinois, New York and more
- Nation braces for miserable travel weekend as canceled flights stack up
- ‘Enough to kill an island:’ Hawaii Island police see alarming amount of fentanyl
- Dumped tires still plague Kaneohe harbor