KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii (KHON2) — The Hawai‘i County Department of Public Works announced that sand will be available at locations throughout the island from Friday at noon to enable residents to make their own sandbags ahead of possible flooding due to Hurricane Douglas.
The locations are designated on the links here:
Sand will be available while supplies last. Residents are asked to bring their own shovel and bags to collect the sand.
Empty jute sandbags are available at a variety of hardware and home improvement supply stores across the island, and can be filled with sand or soil. Heavy-duty trash bags can also be used to hold sand or soil.
LATEST ON WEATHER
- Maui woman who dies after car swerves off cliff on Kahekili Highway identified
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers
- Flash Flood Watch in effect through Tuesday afternoon for all Hawaiian islands
- ‘No Hard Feelings’: Patriots fans still rooting for Brady
- PHOTOS: Murals around the country honor late Kobe Bryant, daughter Gianna Bryant