HAWAII ISLAND, Hawaii (KHON2) – According to the 5 a.m. update from the Central Pacific Hurricane Center, the Hurricane Watch for Hawaii County has been canceled. A Tropical Storm Warning remains in place as Douglas approaches the islands.
The Big Island is currently outside the cone of uncertainty, but that doesn’t mean Hawaii Island residents should let their guard down.
Hawaii County Mayor Harry Kim discusses the latest response to Douglas.
Latest stories on KHON2
- New beach could come to Waikiki as part of improvement and maintenance proposal
- Light trade winds for the islands through Friday
- Hardworking Hawaii: Kaya’s Store in Punalu’u celebrates 75 years in business
- Maui home energy financial assistance deadline is June 30
- Search for missing diver continues on Kauai’s westside