HONOLULU (KHON2) — Hurricane Douglas is forecast to weaken as it approaches the state.
Douglas is currently a category 3 hurricane, with maximum sustained winds near 120 mph.
The official track from the Central Pacific Hurricane Center shows the system weakening to a category 1 storm.
Impacts from the system and heavy rainfall are expected to arrive Saturday evening beginning on Hawai’i Island.
Visit KHON’s storm preparation page here.
LATEST WEATHER STORIES
- Strong winds forecast for the islands through early next week
- Strong and gusty trade winds expected for the weekend
- Strong winds and high surf on tap for the weekend
- Trade winds will gradually increase over the next couple of days
- Sunshine with light trade showers for the islands through this weekend