KAAAWA, Hawaii (KHON2) — Douglas may have only grazed Oahu, but it prompt a road closure in the Kaaawa area on Sunday, July 26.
According to Traffic Division, a road closure was prompted in both directions in the area of 51-272 Kamehameha Highway just before 4:20 p.m. This is located near Kaaawa Beach Park.
The road closed due to storm debris on the roadway.
The closure lasted hours and reopened just after 8 p.m. when crews were able to clear the debris.
Jenn Boneza has details on what conditions looked like in the area.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Former ‘Bows great Phil Handy advances to 6th straight NBA Finals with Lakers
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- CDC ranks Halloween activities by COVID-19 risk: No trick-or-treating, crowded parties or indoor haunted houses
- 19 OCCC inmates test positive for COVID-19
- Breonna Taylor signwaving held at State Capitol