HONOLULU (KHON2) — Hurricane Douglas is 145 miles east of Kahului and 235 miles east of Honolulu, maintains maximum sustained winds of 90 mph with higher gusts.
Chevy Chevalier, Central Pacific Hurricane Forecaster, joined us with the latest update on the storm.
WEATHER STORIES ON KHON2
- Enhanced shower activity through early Thursday
- Flood advisory posted for Hawaii Island and Maui through 9p Wednesday
- Passing showers expected through Wednesday night
- Trade winds expected to strengthen, with a slight uptick in showers statewide
- Enhanced trade showers expected for the islands through Thursday