October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and breast cancer is the No. 1 cancer affecting women in Hawai‘i today. Mammograms are one of the most important tools available in the fight against breast cancer. Dr. Bryan Gushiken and Terri Imada, APRN, are with the Women’s Center at Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children spoke to Lauren Day about the importance of mammograms, and special programs available at the Kapi‘olani Women’s Center to help ensure all women have access to necessary screenings.
- More sunshine across the islands to end off weekend
- Eddie Stansberry’s clutch triple gives Hawaii 76-75 win over UC Davis
- Kicking of the Chinese New Year in the heart of Chinatown
- Kansas couple robbed in broad daylight next to a busy shopping mall
- High school students statewide compete in Hawaii’s first-ever esports state championship